Sweetness – Issue V of the CFW Freedom Magazine
This is like having your favourite short stories and poems all in one place. If you are a sucker for good storytelling then you should always want a great literary magazine in your personal library. The catch here is that we go through our selection process thinking about you and the pleasure you’d get from reading our Magazine. Don’t keep this to yourself. Download and share the link!!
(Downloads - 917)
The theme for the June 2019 Magazine was adapted from “Sweetness”, a poetry collection by Stefn Sylvester Anyatonwu.
This year’s prize comes with a hundred thousand naira (N100,000) and digital publishing deal with cfwriterz for the top 3 entries. The prize sponsor, Collins Elesiro of Crystalinks Education also funds the Print version of the Magazine launched this year.
The Judges for the Magazine and Literary Prize Shortlist are as follows;
• Jide Badmus for Poetry. (A Poet & Author of “Scripture”)
• Karo Oforofuo for Non-Fiction. (Ghostwriter and Editor)
• Michael Emmanuel Tolulope for Fiction. ( 2018 Quramo Prize for Literature Winner and cfwriterz editor)
After a rigorous selection process, 11 of close to 60 entries have been selected for the long list. The selected entries are:
- Beauty Beneath the Black by Anu Soneye
- Perdition. by Aisha Oredola
- The Taste of Home by Chinenyenwa Favour Chukwuma
- Unbridled Things by Maxwell Fashola
- You Do not Know When You are Gone by Nneoma Mbalewe
- The Night She Saw the Sun by Ugochukwu Nwafor
- Home-bound Dancers by Ugochukwu Nwafor
- Death’s Letter by Everest Udochukwu
- The Orange Tree by Adewuyi Ademuyiwa
- The Silent Plea by Resoketswe Manenzhe
- Eye Candy Tukur Ridwan
In this collection, we bring you the best of African emerging storytellers. It’s absolutely free to read online so we ask that you support us by sharing the link for this download. Thank you.